Health Insurance Marketplace in Oregon
Having adequate health care plan protects you and your family from experiencing large medical bills. If you have never had any health care plans before, Health Plans in Oregon can help get you find affordable health care plans and assist you in seeing what financial assistance you may qualify for through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Many people, including those who are working, may qualify for financial help or tax credits
- Upon qualification to the Health Insurance Marketplace, individuals or families will pay their portion to their insurance carrier and the feds will pay the rest
- Premium tax credits are generally not available for people eligible for affordable health care plans through an employer
- “Affordable” means no more than 9.5% of an employee’s W-2 income.
- If you are receiving advance monthly payments of the tax credit, the amount of the tax credit is automatically applied to the monthly premium—you only pay the remaining balance
- Premium tax credits are not available to those eligible for Medicare or Oregon Health Plan
- If you choose not to enroll on a qualified health plan for next year, you are subject to a penalty based on your household income