What is Short-term Medical Insurance?
Short-term medical insurance plans are limited duration plans not subject to certain provisions of federal health care reform, including the provisions related to Essential Health Benefits, lifetime limits, preventive care, guaranteed renewability, and pre‐existing conditions. Pre-existing condition is not covered and applies for all insureds, including those under the age of 19.
Is Short-term Insurance for you?
It’s for you if :
- You missed the Open Enrollment period and you’re not qualified for Special Enrollment.
- You are waiting for your ACA (Affordable Care Act / Obamacare) coverage to start or if you’re unable to apply for ACA.
- You are looking for coverage to bridge you to Medicare
- You are in between jobs or waiting for benefits to begin at your new job
- You are turning 26 and coming off your parent’s insurance
- You are healthy and under 65
For these situations, Short Term health insurance (also called Temporary health insurance), might be the best option for you. It can fill that gap in your coverage until you can have a longer term solution.
Get a quote now! FREE Short-Term Medical Quote
Benefits of Short-term Medical Insurance:
- Fast coverage, get covered as soon as the day after application
- Lower premiums compared to ACA health plans
- No penalty when you drop the coverage (this usually happens when a more sturdy plan option comes along)
If you don’t have situations (life events) that can help you qualify for Special Enrollment, then you can enroll on a short term plan in case of anything major happens such as heart attack, cancer, or accidents. This way, you can cover yourself and your family from paying a lot for medical bills.
Also check out other Insurance Plans!
If you have any question, feel free to Contact us now