These days, over 50% of the people wear prescription contact lenses or eye glasses. In this case, a vision insurance plan can prove to be a great benefit. A good vision insurance plan can help you pay for your eye exam, contacts, and glasses and associated cost. So, if you have a vision-related problem, getting an insurance plan is very important. A right vision insurance policy can keep you safe from out-of-pocket expenses related to necessary eye care such as routine yearly eye exam, contact lens examinations, vision corrective eyewear, and glasses. In addition, vision insurance is also offered as a supplemental policy to your existing Oregon health insurance plans.
It is never too late to get vision insurance in Oregon. You can also get it with your existing health insurance plan.
What are the benefits of getting a vision insurance plan?
Well, there are a number of benefits that you can avail of by getting vision insurance. However, it all depends on how much you are willing to pay. Different policies cover different services.
You will get the following products or services at discounted prices.
- Contact lenses
- A pair of glasses including frames and lenses
- LASIK surgery
- An annual eye exam
- Uncovered products
But, how do you choose the best insurance plan? Here are some tips that can help.
- Firstly, you need to know that the vision insurance benefits are a supplement to health insurance. These days, most of the companies provide their employers with suitable insurance plans. But, if you do not have an occupation that allows you the insurance benefits, you can consider purchasing it on your own from a reputed health insurance plan provider. However, you may find it a bit difficult to choose the right plan with so many vision insurance plans available.
- When looking for vision insurance, you will come across a discount vision plan and vision benefits package. The discount vision plan provides eye care at discounted rates which usually becomes fixed after an annual membership fee. However, there may be some amount of deductions before you receive the full benefits of the plan.
- Know about the coverage limits before choosing the vision insurance plans. A vision plan can provide you with a set amount of frames, lenses, and contacts. However, if you have no proper information about vision insurance, it is suggested to research online and compare the different plans available. This way you can choose the best suitable one according to your needs. Apart from this, you will also want to make sure that the vision insurance plan you choose falls within your budget.
There are different types of vision insurance plans available. So, it becomes very important for you to choose the best one according to your needs and requirements.
• Major vision Plans
If you are looking for some superior vision benefits, then the major vision plan is the right choice. This plan can provide you with different benefits through a large network of providers including private practitioners.
• Vision Discount plans
There are vision discount plans available that you can easily avail from a corporate group or employer. Also, when you sign up for a dental plan, you get a chance to avail a vision discount plan.
• Flexible Spending Accounts
In this type of vision insurance plan, you can set aside some amount of your earnings to pay for the medical expenses that include eye exams, glasses, contact lenses, and more.
Some vision insurance plans will select the level of coverage that you desire. The better the coverage, the higher the cost. Some plans may cover the partial cost for laser correction surgery while some may cover the cost of glasses, contact lenses and other medical expenses.
However, before you purchase the vision insurance plan, make sure to understand the related costs and benefits. Unlike the other medical insurance policies that provide unlimited benefits, the vision insurance plans are discounted plans that offer some specific benefits and discounts.
However, to get an accurate comparison of the different plans available, you can get in touch with a reputable health insurance plan provider.
How to find the right insurance agent?
Well, if you have no proper information about vision insurance or health insurance plans, it is suggested to look for a trusted health insurance plan provider. You can take help of the internet and look for health insurance agencies that ensure to provide you superior service regarding health or vision insurance that fits your needs, budget, and lifestyle. Moreover, the insurance agent that you choose should have years of experience and the right knowledge regarding vision insurance.
Carefully review the different benefits offers by the company in each package. You should consider how often you would want to get an exam as this will help you choose a suitable insurance package.
So, what are you waiting for? Drive maximum benefits with the best vision insurance plan.