Have you had 2018 health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace?
If so, then you must look for Form 1095-A. This form provides information about your insurance policy, your premiums (the cost you pay for insurance) and the people in your household covered by the policy.
This usually comes in the mail by mid-February, being sent to you by the Marketplace.
Why is Form 1095-A important?
Form 1095A was sent to everyone enrolled through the Health Insurance Marketplace between January to February 2019. Form 1095-A provides information you need in claiming Premium Tax Credit (Form 8962) which helps offset the costs of health coverage. You’ll need this form to complete your income tax filing, adjust any tax credit payments and claim any premium tax credits that may be due.
NOTE: Don’t file your 2018 taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A.
What to do when you get Form 1095-A
– Read the instructions at the back carefully.
– Check all the written information and make sure everything’s correct. (i.e. coverage, household info, monthly enrollment premium)
– Once you have an accurate 1095-A, you’re ready to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit.
Also see: Do you qualify for a premium tax credit?
Didn’t get Form 1095-A?
- You must call the Health Insurance Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596 to request your 1095 A form to be sent out to you.
- Log in to your Healthcare.gov account, if you don’t have one, create an account and log in.
- Click Continue.
- Find your application and enter your application ID. You can find this on your eligibility letter sent out to you. If you can’t find your ID number, contact your agent or the Marketplace.
- Go to my applications & coverage.
- Choose existing applications, select 2019 application. It’s below your 2020 application.
- Select Tax Forms.
- Download 1095 A form.
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Click the green “Continue” button.
- Choose “Go to my applications & coverage” at the top of the screen.
- Under “Your existing applications,” select your 2019 application — not your 2020 application. It will be below your 2020 application.
- Select “Tax forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
If you have any questions or need help with the process, feel free to call your licensed local agent that helped you enrolled last year. Or call us at 503-998-6169 Health Plans In Oregon or send an email to email@example.com. Our assistance is at no cost to you.