Mental Health Care – Are you covered?
Together with substance abuse services and other essential benefits listed below, marketplace plans cover mental health care – this includes behavioral treatment, mental in-patient services and substance use disorder treatment.
List of essential health benefits that are covered by Marketplace plans:
Take note that Marketplace plans can’t put yearly or lifetime dollar limits on coverage of any essential health benefit.
1. Outpatient care – the kind you get without being admitted to the hospital
2. Trips to emergency room
3. Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
4. Care before and after your baby is born
5. Mental Health and substance-use disorder services: This includes behavioral health treatment, counseling and psychotherapy
6. Your prescription drugs
7. Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation and more.
8. Your lab tests
9. Preventive services: It includes counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing chronic disease.
10.Pediatric services: This includes dental care and vision care for kids.
Marketplace insurance plans can’t deny you coverage even if you have a pre-existing mental and behavioral health conditions.
Moreover, these plans cannot charge you higher fees. And on the day your coverage starts, the coverage for treatment of your pre-existing condition automatically starts as well.
Mental Health Care Services | Parity Protections
There are parity protections provided between mental health and substance abuse benefits and medical and surgical benefits. As a rule, limits applied to mental health and substance abuse services can’t be more restrictive than limits applied to the latter. The limits covered by parity protections include financial, treatment and care management.
Be guided when choosing health coverage.
The health insurance world is indeed full of tips and tricks. There are more things you need to know in choosing a plan that will best fit your needs and budget. But the good thing is that help is always free at Health Plans In Oregon. We take pride in helping Oregonians in getting affordable and efficient health plans since 2006. For inquiries on healthcare insurance and Medicare, call 503-998-6169 or simply send an email to email@example.com.